Dogtown sponsors a monthly low-cost veterinarian clinic at our San Marcos location. Our partnership with Dr. Charlotte Frank and Dr. Andrew Trempe DVM, of Paws4Shots provides premium preventative veterinarian care, experience, expertise and the compassion to provide the VERY BEST care your pup needs at every stage of their life. We look forward to taking care of all of your preventative pet health care needs in the comfort and convenience of Dogtown.
Dogtown/Paws4Shots provides the following services:
- Low cost vaccinations for dogs and cats*
- HomeAgain Microchips (cost includes lifetime registration)
- Heartworm screening tests for dogs (COMPLIMENTARY with minimum purchase)**
- 4DX (heartworm and tick disease) screening tests for dogs
- FeLV and FIV screening tests for cats
- Deworming (hookworms, roundworms and tapeworms)
- Prescription flea and tick preventative medications***
- Prescription heartworm preventative medications***
- Online prescription services
* They recommend and carry Merial PureVax adjuvant free vaccines for cats.
** Heartworm testing (or proof of a current test) is recommended in any dog over 6 months of age to purchase a heartworm preventative medication and annually for refills.
*** Pet MUST be present for initial purchase of any prescription medication and once annually for refills.
We carry the following prescription medications at competitive prices:
- HeartgardPlus – Provide protection against heartworms, and treat and control roundworms and hookworms
- NexGard – Protecting your dog from harmful fleas and ticks
- Trifexis – Kills fleas and prevents infestations, protects against heartworms, and treats and controls adult hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm infections
- Comfortis – Kills fleas and prevents flea infestations on dogs and cats for a full month
- Revolution – Monthly topical medication used to protect your dog or cat from heartworms, fleas, and ear mites
- Interceptor – Once-a-month tablet that prevents heartworm disease, controls adult hookworms, and removes and controls adult roundworms and whipworm infections in dogs
- Parastar Plus – Topical flea, tick, mite and lice treatment developed for dogs
- Simparica – Fast-acting oral flea and tick preventative that begins killing fleas and ticks within hours of administration and remains effective for one month to prevent re-infestations
- Bravecto – Provides up to 12 weeks of protection against fleas and ticks
- Sentinel – Preventive that guards against heartworms, adult roundworms, adult hookworms, whipworms, and prevents the development of flea eggs
Dr. Charlotte Frank is the owner and Medical Director of Paws 4 Shots and more. Born and raised just outside of London, England her family immigrated to San Diego when she was a child. She graduated University of California, San Diego – Revelle College in 2000 with a BS in Biology. She then attended the School of Veterinary Medicine – University of California, Davis and graduated in 2004. Dr. Frank completed a year-long internship in emergency, surgery, and internal medicine at VCA Emergency Animal Hospital and Referral Center in San Diego. Dr. Frank has worked in both emergency medicine and general practice. She also worked for Vetco at Petco’s vaccination clinics for a number of years before developing Paws 4 Shots and more.
You will find Dr. Frank alongside her terrific team members at the majority of vaccination clinics and dog events that we attend. She believes that “shot clinics” can still offer clients A+ care in a low-cost setting and strives to make Paws 4 Shots and more your one stop for preventative care.
Charlotte is married to a veterinarian and has three little girls. She lives in Murrieta with her family, which includes Hannah, an elderly Pit Bull/Chow mix, DeeDee, a golden Retriever with a multitude of health problems, Zoe the wonder cat (14 years old and fighting cancer like a champ), Wally AKA Goblin the not so wonder cat, and two guinea pigs, Flower and Jewelry (named by the kids, of course!). When she isn’t working to make Paws 4 Shots and more THE BEST low-cost vaccination clinic in Southern California, she enjoys spending time with her family (especially day trips to Disneyland), great food and even better wine, exercise, and most importantly, vacations with her husband and girls!
Dr. Andrew Trempe graduated from Whittier College in 1998 with a BA in Biology. He then attended the School of Veterinary Medicine – University of California, Davis and graduated in 2002. Dr. Trempe completed an internship in emergency, surgery and internal medicine at VCA Emergency Animal Hospital and Referral Center in San Diego where he has worked as an attending emergency/critical care clinician ever since. Dr. Trempe has also worked for Vetco at Petco’s vaccination clinics for a number of years.
Dr. Trempe enjoys the “change of pace” Paws 4 Shots and more gives him from life as an ER/critical care veterinarian.
Dr. Trempe is married with three little girls and a house full of animals (mostly all female!). When he isn’t saving lives at the VCA Emergency Animal Hospital and Referral Center, he enjoys spending time with his little girls, watching sports and dominating in his fantasy leagues, craft beer, and vacations with his family. Dr. Trempe is also an avid runner. He competed in cross country in both high school and college and has completed a number of half marathons. Walk ins are welcome, but it’s best to reserve an appointment. Ensure the health, wellness and safety of your pups, call or email us for your reservation today.